Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Foundation Workshop 5

I had the amazing opportunity to be a participant at this year's Foundation Workshop near Dallas, TX. The Workshop was started by award-winning photojournalist Huy Nguyen 5 years ago as an effort to teach wedding photographers how to really see like a photojournalist. The staff and participants at this workshop are among the best in the country. It was truly inspirational and humbling to work in the midst of them.
Each shooter for the week was given an assignment the second morning of the workshop and we had two days to go out and find a visual story based on our assignment. I got lucky with a really fun assignment- a skate park. I knew my husband Mark would be proud...believe it or not he actually starred in a skateboarding video when he was younger.
Anyway, I spent two days out at Allen Skate Park shooting all of the action and meeting some really cool guys (I only met one girl :(
Thanks to all who let me photograph them. It was so much fun! Here are a few of my favorites....
Also, check out this link to my editor's final picks...once you get there, click on "Becca Spears" under "photographers"
http://www.fworkshop5.com






No comments: