Thursday, January 3, 2008

Michelle and Jason

It will be strange for you to see fall colors in the dead of a snowy winter. Even though I'm behind on blogging, I wanted to share Jason and Michelle's wedding because I just loved shooting it. They are truly comfortable people- you know the kind that you feel like you've known for years even though you just met? The light was beautiful, the love was real, and the party was swingin. Enjoy!









Jason fightin back the tears during the ceremony

isn't this a beautiful image? I was lucky enough to have my friends Brandon and Nicole Parigo (www.parigostudios.com) shooting with me that day, and Brandon captured this wonderful moody moment during the ceremony.













So, I was having fun shooting the reception, and I look to my left and see......Tyler! (my business partner) He was crashing my wedding! I guess his wedding that night had finished early, and mine was on his way home, so he decided to pop in and shoot some- why not? :)
Actually, it was a really cool experiment, because Tyler and I have always talked about how amazing it could be to have both of us at a wedding as well as an assistant (or two) helping with lighting. As the primary photographer of a wedding, you constantly have to make split-second decisions- do I shoot it wide or tight? Do I light it or use ambient light? Do I stick with this composition and wait for the moment or move on to the next? With two of us, we could shoot it both wide and tight, ambient and supplemental light- we really think there's a lot of possibility for outstanding coverage there....
This shot by Tyler is a prime example of this- what an amazing shot! I was covering it up close- you can see me in the bottom right- and Tyler got the whole scene (his shot is better) :)
Anyway- it was fun, and we hope to do it more in the future

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Amazing coverage Becca! Full of life and light, great work!