Thursday, July 19, 2007

LeeAnn + Iannick

Twenty minutes after my assistant Erin and I had begun shooting LeeAnn and Iannick's wedding day- we looked at eachother and smiled and said, "wow, this is going to be a good one". In fact, we found ourselves giddy behind the camera as we watched all of these amazing things unfold before us throughout the day. This is when photojournalism feels transcendant- when you're struck by the honor of capturing something so powerful. So, what made this an exceptional day? Let's set aside the fact that the wedding itself was extravagantly beautiful (check out Craig Sole's magic at the reception in the photos below). I say that because some of my favorite weddings of my career are the simplest ones. What really made it fantastic was the content. There was genuine, un-self-counscious affection and emotion all day long. That is the key to powerful wedding photos. Enjoy!




I stayed back with LeeAnn and her dad before he waled her down the aisle. I was so glad I did. Lots of endearment.


as they left the church, their guests threw streamers that turned out to be more like a spider web. Check out the woman on the right. made me laugh.



http://www.craigsoledesigns.com/







some sort of dancing around a wine glass ritual dance :)

1 comment:

Patrick Binder (pbinder) said...

On photo 533 and 534, did you have a flash on the other side of the couple? I like the look of the white light.

Wonderful photos as usual!